2008/08/20

never enough

So, I realized that there will never be enough time to reflect and try to grasp the last 5 years or so of my life. It's ok. Parts are coming into focus, even as far back as high school which I seemed to blur out. But it's been good getting back to it and recognizing where I came from and the fact that I'm here and the way I am.

I leave in less than a week for Asbury Theological Seminary...ATS as they call it. From what I can piece together from the people here, it's a survivable place with a decent pool of solid Christian men. There's about two blocks to the whole town and I will have LOTS of studying to do.

It seems I have a roommate and there will be like 5 girls to a suite with 2 suites sharing lots of stuff and sort of joining with another suite of 10 girls on the floor. Intense, no? Not ALL are on the Masters of Divinity track but it should be a decent group of relatively serious Christian ladies. That should be exciting. I may have to opp out after the first year though of the whole roommate situation, we'll see.

The people here "back home" have been seriously welcoming and hospitable in every sense of the words...my home church and my nieces went and grew up without me but it's nice getting reacquainted with them all.

It seems I've started this whole ordination deal. The first big step was to get a mentor, I believe and I'll be meeting mine tomorrow for coffee around 7 pm. Exciting times. I'm completely undecided now about the right path for ordination, I need some time and I know God will speak and I'll finally hear when things clear up a bit.

But as for now, I really need to get to bed. It's almost 10 pm...so early...but I signed up to help move-in at SEMO from 6-8 am and 11 am-1 pm tomorrow...woot. It's something I had wanted to do for the international kids in Korea and now I get my chance...

Sos, I'm really sorry for those of you who actually read this thing. I think posts will become more frequent now. Please come by more and make comments (nice ones).

Laters.

1 comment:

jyoon said...

maybe the more distance you get the more it'll in some form make sense (your time in korea). i feel like that too about the 2 years i lived apart from my parents and i feel that i'll feel that way about my college life here too..