2008/08/28

I'm here

Wow! Today at chapel, well, I'll admit it...I shed a few tears while singing a hymn. Yes, an old-school hymn and WITH an organ. The organist is this cute, little old man...hehe. But yeah, Dr. J. Ellsworth Kallas spoke and it was good...but overall it was just BAM! I'm excited for chapels for the first time in my life!! Yum. Maybe it's because it's not even mandatory but it's 3 times a week or something and I figure I'll go to at least two.

Today, as much as it was super fast-paced, it was really good. I have two Korean guys in my orientation group which is great. It's helping me get into the community. Plus today God just opened a lot of paths for that which I'm just ecstatic about! At first I felt like I needed to work my way in but I think God's taken care of it and I can see even how timing it working out so perfectly. Yay.

Anyways, more orienation tomorrow so I should go...hopefully I'll figure out how to put pics up and I can show y'all (as they say around here) the books I have to lug around this semester (total will be about $470 just for this semester!!! what?!?).

Laters.

1 comment:

jyoon said...

eee congratulations!!!

i think i said this on facebook but we had yicf OT and christian asked me to go up with him. i was so nervous but he was cool so i think it was ok. up there i felt maybe just a fraction of what you might have felt doing it every year.

i still want to ask you about theology school and your advice on that. whats a bible college and is it important i go? it seems from what elisabeth elliot seems to mention in her book that it's some sort of place where you learn the basics of the bible.