2009/04/22

changes

Since my last posting, there have been some changes. Spring has come and gone and come again. I think it's here to stay now, except it's still pretty cold at times.

The other big change is that I'm in a relationship now...with a boy. It's a pretty big deal, mostly how the LORD's been moving in it. It's making me rethink a lot of things I previously believed (and was stubborn about), especially concerning relationships.

These days I've been considering PDA (Public Displays of Affection). So, I've been against this for over a decade. And now, in my stubbornness, I have fought with the idea. I thinks it's just a matter of how many have ruined such things. I never really saw my parents interact physically, no hugs or anything. I know that I never want to be that extreme. I also know that I don't want to be gross about it. And even though the relationship is new, it's a matter of approaching it all in a healthy way, I suppose. Didn't figure this kind of stuff would be so complicated. It's kind of fun to figure this stuff out, even though it's hard for me to accept that what I've thought for so long might be wrong. Hmm.. I was thinking how a banning of PDA really wouldn't be so good. People don't get enough physical affection in modern society, especially in the American culture that it could be detrimental. I still don't think it's ok to just go hugging anybody, but at the same time, maybe that doesn't mean we shouldn't not hug anyone...

Anyways, still thinking on it and figuring how Jesus would handle this. How would Jesus feel about PDA? hehe.

Currently there are only 3 more weeks of classes, crazy. This summer is going to be intense...wondering how it will go. Should be pretty exciting!

1 comment:

jyoon said...

unni! congratulations! :X hehe
i wish i could hear all about it... ㅠ_ㅠ
hope everythings ok.