2008/06/22

Psalm 116:8-9

Initially, the hard part about starting this thing was coming up with a title. Silly, right? I put something for the sake of it but wasn't happy with it. I bothered to check to see if I could change it, and well, I could...then I had to come up with something new.

I opened up the ol' Bible for some inspiration, hoping to find one of those dependable, encouraging scriptures to give me something good. I ended up in Psalms and saw some words that popped out..."delivered...from death." I wanted to find something that summed up my time in Korea, that summed up the last 24 years. That seemed to do it. Well, not just the last 24 years but all of it, the past, present, future...I've been delivered from death and this is the result.

For you, O LORD, have delivered my soul from death, my eyes from tears, my feet from stumbling, that I may walk before the LORD in the land of the living.

It's time to go for that walk...