2009/02/18

the classroom

After 5 years of an authoritarian system of education, it's really hard for me to listen to other students or get involved, except for when I'm seriously interested. Maybe it's not my programming but more so depending on the topic. I need to work on getting interested even when I'm not passionate about something. Such as, now I am partially listening yet typing in my blog.

It's weird though because I used to be that kid that always participated in class. Where did my confidence go?

Maybe I should take my notes here so I can put my own thoughts into the notes.

How much do I know about John Wesley? Not much, but what I'm learning, I like. His model of disciple-making is intense but pretty hard core. It's definitely not what is being followed, it's what's being attempted, I think...so I'm not sure if it would work out in our society. I wonder. But sheesh, it's definitely awesome to be reading about what he did and had plans for, wouldn't be too horrible if we tried it out today, in the way it originally was supposed to be.

What happened to our view of God's presence? In the OT, folks would fall to the ground or be frozen in fear when they were in the presence of God. I realize Jesus changed things but where's the reverence?

Abraham's covenant is so hard core. How we learned it in intro to OT last semester was so life-changing. Hearing it again in another class, makes me wonder if all Christians understand it. God took on all stipulations of the covenant, He promised that even if we broke the covenant, He would take the repercussions. No sovereign leader had done that before. He broke the line between master and servant and took on the punishment for us (we sinned so Jesus died for us).

These are surely random thoughts, but at least I'm back to writing, there's too much in my head. I haven't done well at documenting my time here. But that shall change!