2008/09/10

a real post

So, I'm too far behind to get caught up to where I am now so I'll just go on from here.

Tonight I went to the "Small World" dessert thing at the Multi-Cultural House. Stanley, an Indian born and raised in Kuwait, shared his testimony and where his heart is and all that. It was cool. There were just a few people there but it was a good night. It felt like LOTS of time had passed and I guess it was like 2 hours but then it seemed like much more time than that had passed in some weird way and I felt refreshed by it. I was really reminded of God's faithfulness and provision and I guess I got some peace from that. Also, I feel like I finally met someone who was able to openly vocalize how he was feeling some of the same things I'm feeling about being a person without a home and things like that.

Had a really bad stomachache after lunch and it was yuck. Ended up getting a can of coke and reading in the fellowship room on the first floor of the door and just burping and farting it up for like 2 hours! No joke. It sure helped but I don't think I'll be eating much from the cafeteria. I should have gotten on a scale before leaving Missouri. I feel like I've lost a few pounds in just the last 2 weeks. It's not a bad thing to lose the weight since it's better to do it now than have the people I need to deal with as I pursue this ordination thing tell me I'm fat and need to lose weight. Anyways, apparently when your diet is like 90% lettuce, you get gassy. But with a roommate and people ALWAYS around, I don't like feel like I can comfortably fart anywhere. But I guess I found a place. No one really goes in there during the day...I think I'll make that my farting room. Mwahaha. Whatever, I bet Jesus let some good ones rip, like around a fire at night with the disciples (did His people do stuff like that? I guess I'm at the best place to find out). But yeah, the food is SO salty, my tongue is always numb after I eat. Can't take it.

Anyways, need to get to bed. Yes, it's 10 pm and I am going to bed after I look over my Old Testament maps...yay. Getting up around 6 am every day is getting better. I didn't even nap today! Good times.

Hopefully I'll have more deep posts or something. The days go by too quickly. Today I had alone time with Jesus and that was pretty quality. Then I even had some decent people interaction time. It's coming together even though I still don't feel all that comfortable yet.

Still no real job too, btw. I'd be happy to let you know where to send the checks...hint hint. Just kidding, kind of. Anyways, I'm not quite worried yet. I've gotten less concerned, maybe because I haven't seen any bills yet. Boo.

Tomorrow is Sept. 11 and there's chapel. I'm glad it's a major chapel day. I missed chapel so far this week from feeling REALLY bad on Tuesday and just needing to read and not take communion (had it twice on Sunday). Yes, I realize you can't ever have enough of Jesus' blood and body...but maybe you can? Anyways, yay for tomorrow's chapel!

No comments: